Apex-pods 6 oz by Reef Nutrition
Apex Pods by Reef Nutrition
Must ship Priority Overnight, flat rate $39.99. Can be combined with any other livestock orders.
Apex-Pods® (LIVE Apocyclops panamensis) are 100% aquacultured copepods that swim upwards with a stimulating, jerky motion which is attractive to both fish and people.
Perfect for direct feeding, culturing or stocking new tanks and refugiums, they are a great food source for finicky fish and invertebrates, such as mandarins, pipefish, anthias wrasses, SPS, LPS and soft corals, and other filter feeders.
Stage 1 nauplii are approximately 70 micron and adults are approximately 600 to 700 microns.
Apex-Pods® bottles contain adult Apocyclops panamensis copepods
FEATURES & BENEFITS:
APEX-PODS ARE GREAT FOR...
- Increasing Bio-Diversity
- Seeding new tanks and reef refugiums
- Irresistible to finicky eaters
- Detritivores, readily consuming organic waste
USE & STORAGE:
DO NOT REFRIGERATE! Pop the cap upon arrival and during acclimation. After acclimation to room temperature, Apex-Pods should be added to the tank or culture vessel within 24 hours of arrival or purchase from a store. Depending on predators and tank size, Apex-Pods may need to be replenished routinely. To help promote a population, it is recommended that you feed phytoplankton to the tank often. Our Phyto-Feast an ideal food for these animals and will also provide nutrition for many other invertebrates in your reef aquarium.
Direct feed to fish and corals:
- Turn off wavemakers and your recirculating pump(s).
- Pour the animals in and watch the feeding frenzy.
- You can even use a target feeding device for this step.
Establish in a display:
- Turn off the lights, wavemakers and recirculating pump(s).
- Pour the animals in and wait for 30 minutes.
- Return the system to normal function.
Establish in a refugium:
- Pour in the animals and watch them settle in.
Culture in a separate container:
- No live algae required! Our RGcomplete® or one of our other RotGrow products are perfect for this animal.
- For highly productive, small scale culture protocols, look here: apocyclops_panamensis information
It is recommend to add the complete package to the refugium or top of the tank at night
Give us a call 410-618-3604 or send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We are happy to help!